Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Have you found...

My search for a modest formal dress to wear to military functions is beginning and my outlook is not at all rosy on the prospect.  Has anyone found a site or retailer who has garment friendly formal dresses that don't scream prom dresses, bridesmaid dress, or mother of the bride dresses?  In the past I have used a sweater skirt combo, but hubby doesn't think it quite works.  He also thinks this should be a relatively easy task.  Maybe it is and my pessimism is getting the best of me, but this subject has caused me many a headache in the past.  I have found a few that might work, I just cling to the hope that somewhere out there there is someone who recognizes that there are younger LDS women who have to attend formal events who don't want to look like a frumpy old lady or a tiny-boper Laurel off to prom.  If you know if such a thing exists, please let me know!

9 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Oh I have the perfect site for you....I'll be back!

Kritta22 said...

http://mikarose.com/

Here's one...there's more...I'll be back!

Kritta22 said...

http://www.beautifullymodest.com/store/semi-formal-dresses/

There's another. THere's more. I'll be back again.

Kritta22 said...

http://www.jenclothing.com/
There's a couple here but.. I like the other two better...still looking.

http://www.sydneyscloset.com/index.html
This one you have to look around for different ones that could work, but they have plus sizes, which is what I need.

http://cbformals.com/bumofofor.html

And here. That's what I could find really quick. Let me know if you need more help!

K.C. said...

Awesome! Thank You!

K.C. said...

Awesome! Thank You!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

wow I am so excited about this blog. what an awesome idea. I am looking for a dress as we speak! Last year I bought an awesome halter top dress on clearance. I fell in love with the bottom part of the dress. It had a sheer overlay and huge satin ribbon/belt. I cut the halter part off, and wore it with a really cute black satin top. funny I know. I was walking through the mall, praying...saying Heavenly Father I am trying to do the right thing, and be modest....help me out here....the ideas just started coming to me right there in the mall. It was awesome. I loved it. I am not a sewing person, so I just used safety pins, and then tucked the shirt in. It looked awesome. I got so many complements. Now if I can just learn to sew! so I can lose the safety pins! :) Get creative is my advice.

The Duckers said...

My husband is thinking about joining up as an active duty Military guy! Sorry, I sound so stupid...I don't know much about what I'm talking about. He would join for 4 years. We have to boys (4 and 3) and our third is due in May. Any advice? has it been worth it? Do you like it? Are you happy? Do you live on base? PLEASE TELL ME EVERYTHING!!

You can e-mail me at
MelissaDucker@gmail.com

ANYBODY who has anything to say, I would be glad to hear all about it!

Mark & Rachel said...

I dont know where you are located but, in Idaho Dillards has been a great place-inexpensive and super cute!!